When considering undergoing plastic surgery, it is essential to choose a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon who is reputable and has a good track record. The importance of vetting a plastic surgeon and their facility cannot be overstated. By doing so, you can reduce the risk of complications and achieve better outcomes.
One of the key factors to consider when vetting a plastic surgeon is their qualifications and experience. Plastic surgery is a complex and delicate field, and it requires a high level of skill and expertise. It is important to check the surgeon's credentials, such as their training, board certification, and years of experience. You can also look at their portfolio of work and read reviews from previous patients to get an idea of their level of skill and success rate.
In addition to the surgeon's qualifications, it is also important to vet their facility. The facility should be accredited by reputable organizations such as the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) or the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). The facility should also have a clean and sterile environment, advanced equipment, and trained staff. By choosing a reputable plastic surgeon and facility, you can ensure that you are in safe hands and that your surgery will be performed in a professional and caring environment.
We are sure that you have your own list of questions for your potential surgeon. Skim over this list and make sure that you slide a few, or all of these in with your list.
Here are 7 essential questions to ask your surgeon before proceeding with the surgery:
1. How many procedures do you do a day?
2. How long will my procedure take / How long will I be under anesthesia?
3. How many incisions do you typically make on a client receiving my procedure?
4. Am I able to get in contact with you, you directly not your staff, if I have any complications after my procedure?
5. What kind of anesthesia will be used during the procedure, and who will administer it?
6. What is the recovery process like, and what kind of aftercare will be required?
7. Are you familiar with working on clients with my skin type and body foundation/shape?